The mission of the BCSTA is to support and advocate for effective public boards of education in British Columbia.
Our mission is driven by the following beliefs:
- A high-quality public education system is the foundation of a democratic society.
- Improving student achievement is the key work of locally elected boards of education.
- The interests of B.C students are best met through local decision-making with an engaged community.
- Providing a strong, representative voice for boards of education throughout the province is important.
- Helping to build effective boards of education by providing development, communications and support services continues to be a vital role.
Review our policy book for more details, including information our values.