[Richmond B.C. – April 22, 2017] The British Columbia School Trustees Association held their 113th Annual General Meeting at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel at Richmond, B.C. At the AGM’s business session on April 22, 2017, the membership voted for the 2017-18 Board of Directors:
- President: Gordon Swan, SD58 (Nicola-Similkameen)
- Vice-President: Stephanie Higginson, SD68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith)
- Past President: Teresa Rezansoff, SD51 (Boundary)
- Director: Carolyn Broady, SD45 (West Vancouver)
- Director: Alan Chell, SD19 (Revelstoke)
- Director: Gloria Jackson, SD28 (Quesnel)
- Director: Donna Sargent, SD38 (Richmond)
“I’d like to thank my colleagues for the trust they’ve placed in me and the Board of Directors,” said Swan. “BCSTA is bigger than the sum of our parts – our strength is in our diversity, and we look forward to representing our local communities and addressing the particular needs of students across the province.”
Teresa Rezansoff, who served as the Association’s president from 2013 to 2017, did not seek re-election but will continue to hold a position on the Board as Past-President.
“I am honoured that I had the opportunity to contribute to the work of BCSTA these past four years,” said Rezansoff. “Being President of BCSTA has been an enriching and inspiring experience. I am confident that the membership has elected a strong Board to represent them and it will be our work to build on and strengthen our partner relationships in the coming year.”
The Association would like to thank all those who submitted their names for election.