BCSTA Digest, BCSTA’s weekly electronic newsletter and e-Alert, a fast-breaking news publication, were retired and replaced with the Weekly. Other archived publications include:
MeToo! Magazine, provincial election resources for BC public school trustees.
All My Relations Magazine,a bi-annual resource from the Aboriginal Education Committee.
Highlights, notes from BCSTA Board of Director meetings.
Public Education, Public Pride: The centennial history of the BC School Trustees Association by James B. London
Public Education, Public Pride tracks the history of the oldest trustee association in Canada from its first meeting of one female and 19 male BC school trustees in the Vancouver School Board offices in 1905 to today. Public Education, Public Pride is an essential guide to the evolution of public education in BC, with a focus on school trustees’ role in that history. Those with an interest in the history of education will not want to miss this thoughtful work. Author James B. London worked for 23 years as a teacher and principal, served for six years as a school trustee with the Sooke School Board and was an instructor at four universities.
Boards Making a Difference: Stories from your communities is a monthly publication that highlights success stories and the impacts of locally-elected boards of education in communities all across the province.
- Issue 01: Locally-elected School Boards Matter
- Issue 02: Developing the Pathways to Learning
- Issue 03: Bridging Gap Between Students and Careers
- Issue 04: A Story to Take to the World – Orange Shirt Day, Every Child Matters
- Issue 05: The Charles Bloom Forestry Program – Highlighting Skills Training Through Hands-on Experience
- Issue 06: A Special Christmas “Assembly”
- Issue 08: Aboriginal Principles of Learning at Sooke Elementary
- Issue 09: 100 Per Cent Graduation Success Rate for Students in Take-A-Hike Program
- Issue 10: Marketing Class a Great Example of New Curriculum
- Issue 11: Personalizing School for Our High Performers
- Issue 12: LGBTQ Awards a First for Surrey Schools
- Issue 13: Bridging the Gap Between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Peoples in Canada
- Issue 14: The Canoe of Hope
- Issue 15: Ladysmith Secondary Course Introduces Youth to First Nations