“The Building Blocks for your Work as a School Board Trustee”
- Content: Student Success, Governance, Mandate and Services, and Labour Relations 101
- Draft Program Schedule: Friday, January 25 and Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Audience: Open to Trustees, Senior Management and HR staff
- Registration: Opens December 3 – Executive Assistants wishing to register on behalf of trustees, please check your email inbox or log into the BCSTA HUB.
Sessions to be mixed between BCPSEA and BCSTA
Preliminary Program Themes:
- Opening Plenary Workshop: BCSTA and BCPSEA: The big picture of a board’s work – education context
- Understanding the Education Budget: from provincial funding to local board decisions
- BCPSEA/BCSTA: Who we are and what services are offered?
- Connections: Boards of education, trustee representatives and the employers’ association
- BCPSEA Workshop: Public Education Labour Relations 101
- BCPSEA Workshop: Excluded staff, Understanding HR
- Legal Understanding: School Act, conflict of interest…
- BCPSEA Workshop, Bargaining Prep: The history, current and future plans and process.
- BCPSEA and BCSTA: How Well Do You Know Your Organizations?
If you need to cancel your registration the following policy will apply per registrant/delegate:
1. If cancellations are made before December 24, 2018, registrants will be eligible for a full refund;
2. If cancellations are made between December 25, 2018 – January 14, 2019, registrants will be subject to a $100 administration fee;
3. If cancellations are made after January 14, 2019, registrants will not be eligible for a refund.
Registration may be transferred online to another person up until registration closing at 5:00pm on Friday, January 4, 2019. For any changes after this time, please contact Sara Hunter by phone at 604-235-2294 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.