Supporting Effective Boards of Education
Date: April 25-28, 2019
Location: Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, Richmond, BC (map)
AGM Report of Proceedings
The 2019 Report of Proceedings is intended to be released shortly after the conclusion of the AGM,
Click the following link to view the 2018 AGM Report of Proceedings (PDF) which contains a summary of all business conducted and all resolutions passed during BCSTA’s 2018 Annual General Meeting held in Richmond, BC.
Registration Opens February
Executive Assistants wishing to register on behalf of trustees, please check your email inbox or log into the BCSTA HUB for registration details.
Non-Members seeking to attend will be invoiced a fee (yet to be determined). If you are not a member of BCSTA and would like to attend our AGM, please contact Sara Hunter.
- Check back for details
Schedule at a Glance
More details will be released closer to AGM. Check back for updates, and stay tuned to the BCSTA Weekly newsletter.
THURSDAY, APRIL 25
- Pre-Conference Workshop 1: Section 11 Appeals
- Pre-Conference Workshop 2:Strategic Planning always boils down to people and relationships
- Deputy Chairs & Readers Meeting
- Pre-Conference: Networking Session with Board of Directors, Board Chairs & Vice-Chairs
- Keynote Speaker Gabrielle Scrimshaw. a global thought leader in Indigenous leadership
FRIDAY, APRIL 26
- Branch Breakfast Meetings
- Plenary 1: Monique Gray Smith Resilience, education, wellness, and reconciliation
- Remarks Official Opposition
- Celebrate Public Education Student Presentation
- Concurrent 1. Child Care initiatives and partnerships – Michelle Kirby, Senior Manager, Partnerships and Engagement, Child Care Capital and Community Services, Early Years and Inclusion Division, Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Concurrent 2. Transformative Potential of the Maker Space: How trustees can support a changing curriculum and learning spaces – Nate Lott and Mike Page, Twin Rivers Elementary
- Concurrent 3. Helpful Hints and Procedures for Chairing Effective Meetings – John Noonan, Parliamentarian
- Concurrent 4. Section 11 Appeals
- Concurrent 5. Preventative fairness education and Section 11 appeals – Ombudsperson Jay Chalke
- Hon. Minister of Education will speak
- Board of Directors’ Candidates’ Forum
SATURDAY, APRIL 27
- Provincial Council Meeting
- Business Session
- Candidate Speeches
- Election of new board of directors
- Debate of motions
Links will be made live as content becomes available. Check back for updates.
Take a moment to read up on the fantastic assortment of speakers we have lined up for AGM 2019.
Partner Group Greetings
Words of encouragement directed to our board, staff and membership from our various partner groups as we set out for another successful AGM.
A session by session breakdown of the events scheduled for AGM 2019
Pocket Guide (PDF)
The Pocket Guide contains the full AGM schedule, speakers list and session information for AGM 2019. View the Pocket Guide on your electronic device or pick-up a hard copy at the registration desk at the event.
The Handbook contains essential materials for all trustees attending the AGM Business Sessions. It contains the event program, the speaker list, session information, candidate statements, an AGM procedures guide, the full list of motions and their rationales, and the BCSTA bylaws, policies and operational guidelines.
Motions which the Legislative Committee has approved for debate at the 2019 BCSTA Annual General Meeting will be posted for members on the BCSTA HUB. They can also be reviewed in the Handbook.
Late emergent motions that have been submitted to AGM will be made available for download on the BCSTA HUB.
Session Handouts and Materials
Workshop and session materials will be posted as they are submitted. Due to copyright restrictions, not all session materials will be available for download. These materials are hosted for members on the BCSTA HUB. Please check back for updates.