The mission of the BCSTA is to support and advocate for effective public boards of education in British Columbia. Our mission is driven by the following beliefs:
- A high-quality public education system is the foundation of a democratic society.
- Improving student achievement is the key work of locally elected Boards of Education.
- The interests of BC students are best met through local decision-making with an engaged community.
- Providing a strong, representative voice for Boards of Education throughout the province is important.
- Helping to build effective Boards of Education by providing development, communications and support services continues to be a vital role.